“Makes journaling as easy as tweeting.” —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
“A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling…” —The Verge
Record life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling your life a simple pleasure.
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
Superior writing experience
- Clean, distraction-free interface
- Multi-Markdown text formatting
- Full screen mode
- Privacy passcode lock
- Photographic entries
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
– Photo EXIF data
– Temperature and weather data
– Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
– Time and date
– Activity data – Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
– Music playing
- Customized writing reminders
- Search by keyword
- Create tags and #hashtags
- Star favorite entries
- Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
Sync and Backup
- Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
- Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
- Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
- “Publish” by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
- If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
- Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
- Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
- Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
“Day One Journal… using it every day now.” —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
“I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets.”—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
“Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices…” —Federico Viticci, MacStories