Note: Day One Classic has not been updated since March 2016. It has been retired. We strongly recommend updating to the current version of Day One. See here.
Forgot Password on Mac:
If you lost the password on the Mac app, you can follow these steps:
- Open the journal file location in Finder. To do so: Open Day One Classic, and open the Preferences window (Day One > Preferences) Click on the “Sync” tab. Click on the path under the “Data File” title. This will open a Finder window.
- In Finder, find the “security.plist” file. To find it:If you see “Journal.dayone”, right click it and select “Show Package Contents”If you see “Journal_dayone” then click the disclosure arrow to show the contentsOnce you’ve found the “security.plist” file, move it to the Trash.Restart Day One.
- For Day One, use this guide instead: https://dayoneapp.com/guides/account-management/
Forgot Passcode on iPhone / iPad:
- The best solution is to try and remember, maybe spend a while guessing possibly combinations.
- Or please download the new version of Day One and import data from Classic using these steps: https://dayoneapp.com/guides/tips-and-tutorials/upgrading-importing-from-day-one-classic