Forgot Password on Mac:
If you lost the password on the Mac app, you can follow these steps:
- Open the journal file location in Finder. To do so: Open Day One Classic, and open the Preferences window (Day One > Preferences) Click on the “Sync” tab. Click on the path under the “Data File” title. This will open a Finder window.
- In Finder, find the “security.plist” file. To find it:If you see “Journal.dayone”, right click it and select “Show Package Contents”If you see “Journal_dayone” then click the disclosure arrow to show the contentsOnce you’ve found the “security.plist” file, move it to the Trash.Restart Day One.
- For Day One, use this guide instead: https://dayoneapp.com/guides/account-management/
Forgot Passcode on iPhone / iPad:
- The best solution is to try and remember, maybe spend a while guessing possibly combinations.
- Or please download the new version of Day One and import data from Classic using these steps: https://dayoneapp.com/guides/tips-and-tutorials/upgrading-importing-from-day-one-classic