Are you a UX designer looking for a chance to design an app from the ground up for an innovative and successful design-focused Utah tech startup?
The Day One journal app (dayoneapp.com) was awarded as Apple’s App of the Year and is the top-rated journal app in the App Store with over 150,000 five-star reviews worldwide. The Day One app is known for its simple and elegant design, winning the prestigious Apple Design Award. Day One’s founder and CEO Paul Mayne is a designer at heart, and he has built the company with a design-first culture. Through his leadership, Day One was built to do one thing, and to do it really well.
Now that the Day One journal app has reached maturity, we are looking to branch out into new areas and we need a talented designer to help us build the next great app from the ground up.
Based in Lehi, UT, our team of a little over a dozen employees has a family feel. You get the perks of a small company–tight knit culture, zero bureaucracy, agility to move quickly launching improvements for our users. But since Day One is solidly profitable without ever having taken investment dollars, you don’t have to sacrifice the security and stability that typically come only from larger companies.
- At least 6 years of professional experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent design related field, or commensurate experience.
- An online portfolio or samples of work deliverables (wireframes, mockups, prototypes, personas, journey maps) demonstrating ability to create memorable customer experiences across a range of touch-points; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the user.
- Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
- Deep experience in best practices for mobile and tablet design and other types of devices and screen sizes; strong knowledge of information architecture and design, as well as usability principles and techniques.
- Experience synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing; partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs
- A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively in both written and verbal form across different audiences in the organization
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Ability to manage ambiguity to define, manage, and prioritize your own work.
- Work consistently demonstrates a strong aesthetic judgment, in addition to exemplary UX skills
- Fluency in Apple and Google design standards and human interface guidelines
- Experience writing UX copy for your designs
- Experience in user research, particularly in qualitative methodologies
United States (Required)
To apply, email us an introduction and any relevant information.
< All Jobs