Day One / Jobs
Join our team.
We are currently looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our team.
Day One is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to make meaningful, long-lasting contributions to Day One, one of the most beloved and award-winning (Mac App of the Year, 2012) journaling platforms on iOS and OS X.
We value a clean, organized, and scientific approach to coding. We want someone that thinks about software design for the long term; the ability to code is only one aspect—we want an engineer that takes his/her craft seriously, thinks deeply, and participates in the architectural process.
What You Would Do
Your day-to-day responsibilities include taking high-level requirements, translating them to a technical architecture, then working with our UX designer to build our iOS and Mac apps. Our apps are distinct but share a common core codebase, all written in native Objective-C and C. Your contributions to these projects would be used daily by millions of people and solidify Day One for Mac and iOS as the best journaling platform in the world.
Some technologies we use:
- iCloud sync
- Dropbox sync
- Core Data (multithreaded)
- Core Animation
- Core Graphics
- Git (GitHub)
- Jenkins (build server)
- Expert fluency in the Objective-C and C programming languages
- 5+ years of relevant software experience
- Experience working on a team to deliver large-scale software
- Comfortable working in a distributed team colloborating via remote communication tools (HipChat/Skype/Email)
- Ability to architect clean solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Deep knowledge of the iOS and/or Mac platforms
- Impeccable understanding of memory management and multi-threaded development
- Git or other SCM experience
- Knowledge of the following frameworks: UIKit, AppKit, Core Data, Core Graphics, Core Animation, Core Text
- Willingness to adhere to coding standards and participate in peer code reviews
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing Mac apps using AppKit
- Deep Git fluency
- Ability to write technical documents (e.g. Knowledge Base articles)
- Day One user
- Android development experience
- Utah resident
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Eye Insurance
- Work Remotely