Day One / Templates
We’re always amazed at the ways users extend Day One. These tools and techniques add functionality and features to support some unique and inspiring ways to use Day One. Of these tools and third-party apps, templates in Launch Center Pro, Workflow, and other apps have proven to be a great way to write quick, templated entries. Also, though not a template, please also check out Day One’s IFTTT Channel.
Launch Center Pro
(Note: To use these templates with your iOS device, follow these steps: 1. Install Launch Center Pro on your iOS device; 2. Visit this page on your iOS device; and, 3. Tap the template links you want to add to Launch Center Pro.)
- Automating iOS: A Comprehensive and Updated Guide to Launch Center Pro
- How I Use My Launch Center Pro Homescreen: Great introduction to Launch Center Pro.
- Quantified-Self: The Power of Day One & Launch Center Pro: Helpful overview of how to create your own Day One templates for Launch Center Pro.
- Log Movies in Day One Using IMDB: Innovative use of Pythonista and Launch Center Pro to retrieve and log movie data and ratings in Day One.
- Using Markdown Tables with Day One and Launch Center Pro: Great walkthrough of the process of creating tables of logged data in Day One using Launch Center Pro.
- LCPEncoder: Use this to encode your own Day One templates for use in Launch Center Pro. Thanks to Jeff Mueller for making this!
- Launch Center Pro and Day One: Chris Salter shares a great overview of creating Launch Center Pro templates
- Using Day One: Excellent suggestions about life logging and using Day One.
|Movies to Day One||Rod Knowlton|
|The Movie Diary||Phillip Gruneich|
|Book Review||Teddy Svoronos|
|Morning Journal||Jon Westfall|
- Workflow: Automation for Everyone
- Workflow Review: Integrated Automation for iOS 8: Thorough introduction and review of the Workflow app.
- Actually Keep a Diary: Journal with Day One and Workflow
|Business Logs||Katie Floyd|
|Fishing Journal||Northeast Fly Fisherman|
|Book Log||Tulio Jarocki|
|Movie Log||Tulio Jarocki|
- Day One and Keyboard Maestro: Chris Salter shares how he uses Keyboard Maestro on his Mac in tandem with Launch Center Pro.
- Day One and Typinator: Michael Hyatt shares how to use Typinator on your Mac to create and use templates in Day One.
- Day One and Editorial: This is a workflow for Editorial, a Markdown and plain text editor for iOS.
- Editorial Workflow for Movie Logging
- IMDB -> Day One Log