Day One / Support
If you are experiencing sync issues with iCloud. At this time we recommend you switch to Dropbox syncing. Apple’s sync platform works, but is in need of improvements.
Slow Syncing with Large Journals
If you have over 2000 journal entries, at this time we recommend you switch to Dropbox syncing. iCloud is still showing inconsistencies with large amounts of data. We plan to address this and submit an improved solution, but in the meantime, we feel your data is safer and more efficiently synced with Dropbox.
Top Mac Issues
Custom Backup Location?
We had to take that out at the last minute for Sandboxing, but we are adding the custom location back in soon.
Make sure you are running the latest version of Day One for Mac.
To check, open the Mac App Store application and click the “Updates” button at the top of the window. If Day One is listed it means you need to update to the latest version. If not, then you are already on the latest version.
Or Download the latest update here.
The Day One main window goes blank
If you are running Mountain Lion it’s because the “Avenir Heavy” font is disabled. To workaround this problem you just need to enable it. To enable it:
- Open Font Book (Applications > Font Book)
- In the search box in the upper right type “Avenir Heavy”
- In the “Font” column look for the Avenir Heavy entry. If it is grayed out and says “Off” you need to enable it.
- To enable, right click it and select “Enable Avenir Heavy”
- Restart Day One
If you are running Lion you may have Avenir installed through a third-party application, but your Avenir may not have Avenir Heavy. To workaround this problem until v1.7.2 is released, you can simply disable Avenir altogether. Follow the instructions above, but disable Avenir entirely instead of just Avenir Heavy. Once v1.7.2 is released you can enable it again.
This occurs for some users in Day One Mac v1.7 and v1.7.1. This usually happens when you click on an entry. After having this happen, sometimes the program will crash as you navigate to other parts of the app. A fix will be available in v1.7.2.
Dropbox is not syncing or won’t authorize
Please visit the Day One Dropbox Support page for detailed help.
iCloud Sync Problems
Please visit the Day One iCloud Support page for detailed instructions ff you have encountered any of the following problems with iCloud:
- Entry counts are different on your devices
- An entry created on one device does not show on another device
- One-way syncing — entries created on a device are pushed to other devices, but the device does not receive any new changes from the other devices
- Repeatedly receiving errors such as: “File has not downloaded yet: file://localhost/private/var/mobile/LibraryMobile%20Documents/5U8NS4GX82~com~dayoneapp~dayone/…”
- Day One shows that one or more files is always uploading or downloading.