The recurring subscriptions are managed by Apple, Google, or the dayone.me website, depending on where it was initiated. Subscriptions purchased via in-app purchase with the App Store or Play Store are subject to the terms of service and refund policies of Apple and Google, respectively. The refund policy for subscriptions purchased directly from Day One is found below under “Web”.
Apple’s App Store
About canceling a subscription
- Most subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel them.
- If you cancel, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date. Apple does not provide partial refunds.
If you signed up for a free or discounted trial subscription and you don’t want to renew it, cancel it at least 24 hours before the trial ends.
- Please see this support article from Apple for more information: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039.
- Additional information about refunds from Apple can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084
Open the App Store app > tap your profile picture at the top right > tap Subscriptions > locate Day One.
If there is an expiration date, the autorenewal is canceled. If there is a renewal date, the subscription will automatically renew unless canceled 24 hours prior to renewal.
Open Day One > Settings > Sync > Manage Subscription. This opens iTunes and goes to your subscriptions.
Please note there are different prices for Premium. This is because we have offered sales at different times. There is no difference in features offered.
Android’s Play Store
Go to the Play Store > Account (in the sidebar) > Subscriptions > Tap on Manage under Day One > View or cancel your subscription.
Details about refunds from Google Play, including refund policy can be found here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2479637?hl=en
Web App / Stripe
If the subscription was initiated via dayone.me/settings, please sign in to your account and go to Settings > Manage under the subscription heading. This will open a new window for our payment partner (Stripe) where the subscription can be managed or canceled.
Day One Premium subscriptions renew automatically each year until canceled via your account at https://dayone.me/settings
Subscriptions purchased via https://dayone.me/settings are refundable within 14 days of purchase or renewal. Please contact support for assistance within 14 days of being charged for Premium.
Can I transfer my subscription with Apple to another Apple ID?
Apple doesn’t support transferring subscriptions among Apple IDs. To change the Apple ID associated with the subscription, the only way is to cancel the subscription on the current Apple ID and resubscribe it again with the new Apple ID before the end of the subscription period.
To ensure minimal disruption to your Day One Premium subscription and make sure you can access your data on Day One when you change to the new Apple ID, please follow these steps closely:
- If you sign in to your Day One account with your current Apple ID, please add an email address (preferably your new Apple ID email address) and a password to your account. If you sign in with an email address and password, please verify the email address is correct.
- Cancel the Day One Premium subscription associated with your current Apple ID. The Day One Premium subscription will be active through the expiry date.
- Capture a screenshot showing the expiry date of the Day One Premium subscription under your current Apple ID.
- Contact us in the app and send us the screenshot you’ve captured in the previous step. We will add the remaining subscription period to your account and advise you of the next steps.
I’m changing my Apple/App Store region. How can I move my Day One subscription to the new region?
Apple doesn’t support transferring subscriptions among Apple IDs and App Store regions. If you move to another country and need to change the region of your Apple ID, you’ll want to cancel the subscription under the current region and resubscribe to Day One Premium again in the new App Store region before the end of the subscription period.
After you’ve canceled the subscription, please capture a screenshot showing the expiry date of the Day One Premium subscription and contact us in the app with the screenshot. We will manually adjust your account to ensure Premium is active throughout the period. Then, you can resubscribe to Day One Premium again on the new App Store region on or before the end of the subscription period.
We also highly recommend that you add an email address and password to your Day One account if you normally sign in with your Apple ID in case you have trouble accessing your Apple ID after switching regions.
How can I change my credit card information?
While logged in to your account on https://dayone.me/, click on “Settings.” Under “Account,” you should then have options to manage your subscription, including changing your credit card information if your subscription was made through our web app/Stripe.
If your subscription was made either through the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, you will need to change your credit card information from their end.